The school library provides a welcoming learning environment tothe students and the staff, supports school’s aims and curriculum and encourages love for reading and the development of students’ independent learning skills.It is an integral part of the school community that plays a key role in the cultural and social life of the school. It provides information and ideas that are fundamental to function successfully in today’s information and knowledge-based society.In a digital world, it is needed more than ever.
The library is open during school hoursevery school day.
According to the school time table, the students can visit the library for the issue and return of the books during their library periods. They can refer to the books and participate in the library activities during this time.
The student canhave 1 book issued for a period of 1 week.
Faculty and staff
The staff can have a maximum of 4 booksissued for a period of 15days.
The Class libraries are functioning for classes I to V.
Open Access and Classification
The library follows an open access system. The books are classified and shelved according to the DeweyDecimal Classification (Ed.22) but the’Junior Fiction’ is shelved separately.
The stock and services of the library have been automated with an Integrated Library Management software. The patrons can search by using keywords, author, title and subject.
There will be three sections in the library.
- Reference – Senior Junior
- Curriculum – Text Books, CBSE Publications, Extra books related to the Curriculum
- General – literature – Hindi ,English, Punjabi and the other reading materials covering all the areas of interest
- Circulation of books
- Library periods
- Class libraries
- CBSE question papers
- Notice Board
- New book alerts
- Book reviews (written by students and teachers)
- Career alerts
- Newspaper clipping(school news)
- Reference service
- Daily News Papers
- Book fairs
- Book clubs
- Meet the author(Class 6-12)
- Author of the Month(class 4-5)
- Book of the Month(class 1-3)
- D E A R Activity(drop everything and read)
- World Book Day
- School Book Week
- School Reading Together
- Library Photo Gallery
- International Children Book Week
- Best Reader Award
- Budding Writer Award
PROJECT IN PROGRESS
It contains the following areas:
- Reference books
- CBSE Text books, Question Papers and other material
- Curriculum related books (class 9th-12th)
- E-books covering different areas of interest.
- The books can be referred in the library or at home but cannot be downloaded. The student will be given password through which they can open the library site.